Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN flaws database
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
cp8759
The core purpose of this document is to act as a lookup tool, so that known PCN issues can be held in a central location. It also includes a link to the consolidated English Parking regs, council policies, key adjudications, senior court cases, and the templated wording used by the councils in their rejection letters. This document will clearly evolve over time, anything that is found to be useful / beneficial can be added and items which are of little value may come to be removed.

PCN flaws database
Neil B
Good bit of work.

Can you adjust to alphabetical?
cp8759
QUOTE (Neil B @ Tue, 2 Oct 2018 - 20:03) *
Good bit of work.

Can you adjust to alphabetical?

Done.
Mad Mick V
I've had a long think about a flaws database without coming to any sort of conclusion.

On one hand it is an excellent resource for our challengers/appellants. On the other hand it is an easy reference guide/aide memoir for Councils to get their act together and close loopholes.

In this respect Pepipoo has always been a two edged sword in that it has educated the righteous and the great unwashed at the same time.

We know for instance that Brighton and Nottingham read posts relating to their areas assiduously. I also recall that this forum caused Cardiff to correct lots of flaws in their documentation.

cp8759 should be commended on all the hard work and effort put into setting up this database and keeping it as an open resource.

It is the "open" which concerns me.

Mick
cp8759
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 17:29) *
I've had a long think about a flaws database without coming to any sort of conclusion.

On one hand it is an excellent resource for our challengers/appellants. On the other hand it is an easy reference guide/aide memoir for Councils to get their act together and close loopholes.

In this respect Pepipoo has always been a two edged sword in that it has educated the righteous and the great unwashed at the same time.

We know for instance that Brighton and Nottingham read posts relating to their areas assiduously. I also recall that this forum caused Cardiff to correct lots of flaws in their documentation.

cp8759 should be commended on all the hard work and effort put into setting up this database and keeping it as an open resource.

It is the "open" which concerns me.

Mick

I've added a poll in the Flame Pit.
stamfordman
I don't see a problem here - it shouldn't be adversarial. The vast majority of PCNs are issued fairly (or we have no evidence to suggest that most aren't). There will always be some that aren't, hence the forum. If the unfair ones go down in number that benefits all of us and I don't see that loopholes are worth sustaining - there is plenty of unfairness and wrongness to keep us busy, and council resources and effectiveness will fluctuate in any case.
cp8759
The poll established by a massive majority (80% or so) that the database should remain open to all, so we're keeping it that way.
phantomcrusader
I recall that bogsy circa 2009 pioneered an adjudicator decision database that he shared on request, it was good but this takes it to another level. A lot of work and hours have gone in to this extensive database. Exquisite work cp8759. Thank you.
Gerfc1
https://we.tl/t-hj3w7WTXx8

I have managed to get the Templates from Fife Council.

Templates showing:

1. Parking Penalty Notice
2. Notice of Rejection after informal representation
3. Notice to Owner
4. Notice of Rejection after formal representation
5. Charge Certificate
Schofeldt
I consider this to be an excellent source. Who cares whether councils read it? Reading and understanding are two different things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.