Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Double Yellow - School Run
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
S.M
So MRs SM decided to bring back a PCN and the kid back from the school run.
She parked around 50m from the school gate on DYL (normally she`ll put the disabled badge - the kid is registered disabled). She went in and whilst dropping the kid spoke to the teacher who said the kids temp 37.7 is above the threshold allowed at school. I guess she did this within 5 mins.

Is it worth appealing? it wasn`t parked dangerously on the road and from the back of the car you can actually see the picture of the school gate.

MrChips
Even without the blue badge, assisted boarding is allowed on yellow lines.

With your child bring disabled and unwell, it should be relatively straightforward to show this was exempt activity particularly with no observation period.

Throw in the fact that you have a disabled badge and just forgot to display it in the rush and it would be hard to see council taking this all the way.
MrChips
Sorry misread original post, this was at drop off time, not collection time.

Might need to draft something quite detailed to explain the precise timeline. What time is the school drop off time relative to 8.55am shown on PCN?
stamfordman
I would lead with the blue badge accidentally not displayed as that's the gold-plated exemption and must be considered. Where was the BB at the time?

I would add that this is a common activity of assisted alighting (and boarding) as here at the school, which is also an exemption.

If the kid had to be taken back to the car then you have both assisted alighting and boarding. The temperature test was beyond control and part of the assistance until the kid is handed over (or not).
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 13:27) *
I would lead with the blue badge accidentally not displayed as that's the gold-plated exemption and must be considered. Where was the BB at the time?

I would add that this is a common activity of assisted alighting (and boarding) as here at the school, which is also an exemption.

If the kid had to be taken back to the car then you have both assisted alighting and boarding. The temperature test was beyond control and part of the assistance until the kid is handed over (or not).

I would lead with the blue badge accidentally not displayed as that's the gold-plated exemption and must be considered.
??????

displaying a BB is an absolute exemption but one was not displayed, so whilst having one is strong mitigation that is all it is.

with a disabled child assisted alighting is just about a given and the high court has ruled that assisting someone who would require that assistance from the car to a place of safety is part of the exemption allowed for boarding/ alighting a vehicle

So your claim is that your were in the process of completing an exempt activity, explain fully and include a copy of the BB.

post your challenge here before you send so we can tidy it up if needed
stamfordman
I would establish the BB credentials first. I've helped a couple of people where this scenario has happened and I prefer to establish this up front before going into boarding/alighting but it probably doesn't matter too much.
type-r
Also you may want to re-edit your image abive as the car reg is visible on the bottom half of the ticket!
stamfordman
QUOTE (type-r @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 15:11) *
Also you may want to re-edit your image abive as the car reg is visible on the bottom half of the ticket!

Car reg doesn't matter. We advise people to hide only name and address.
S.M
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 14:31) *
I would establish the BB credentials first. I've helped a couple of people where this scenario has happened and I prefer to establish this up front before going into boarding/alighting but it probably doesn't matter too much.

QUOTE (MrChips @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 12:53) *
Sorry misread original post, this was at drop off time, not collection time.

Might need to draft something quite detailed to explain the precise timeline. What time is the school drop off time relative to 8.55am shown on PCN?

School drop off starts at 08.40 to 09.00 - she was parked maybe from 08 45 - by the time she takes the kid walk to the school gate, get to the class and have the convo with the teacher it would easily be 10 mins. She mentioned that she saw the Traffic warden on the street when driving down which probably indicates the guy just put the ticket on.

The blue badge was by the driver side door, it`s always there but she forgot to put it.

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 13:35) *

I would lead with the blue badge accidentally not displayed as that's the gold-plated exemption and must be considered.
??????

displaying a BB is an absolute exemption but one was not displayed, so whilst having one is strong mitigation that is all it is.

with a disabled child assisted alighting is just about a given and the high court has ruled that assisting someone who would require that assistance from the car to a place of safety is part of the exemption allowed for boarding/ alighting a vehicle

So your claim is that your were in the process of completing an exempt activity, explain fully and include a copy of the BB.

post your challenge here before you send so we can tidy it up if needed

Am i ok to write something up as a challenge?
cp8759
QUOTE (S.M @ Tue, 28 Jun 2022 - 16:29) *

That's what he meant: write a draft and post it on here for review.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 14:31) *

If you are claiming an exemption i would lead with this including the fact that the BB was forgotten in the narrative. remember an exemption requires a cancelation by law mitigation does not
S.M
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 28 Jun 2022 - 17:40) *
QUOTE (S.M @ Tue, 28 Jun 2022 - 16:29) *

That's what he meant: write a draft and post it on here for review.

Apologies for the delay, been struck with Covid since last week. That high temperature from the kiddo was definitely cocid as he is positive as well. We are only feeling better now.

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to appeal the PCN received on Monday 27th June PCN number xxxxxx. The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we would normally park with our disabled badge. My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends the school. As you can see from the pcn pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot, however, on that day due to unfortunate circumstances I forgot to display the badge.

My son had a fever which turned out to be covid. When heading back to the car, the traffic warden had already put the PCN on my car and he mentioned to me that once issued, he isn't able to cancel but I should be able to appeal considering I have a disabled badge.

I would be grateful if you could cancel the PCN. Thank you

Btw I did see the Traffic warden on another day who mentioned I could appeal as he's unable to cancel. I don't think this will have any weight but thought let me add this to the appeal
stamfordman
Two versions - second has assisted alighting first. I don't think it matters as I would have no hesitation taking this all the way should they reject.

-----------

I would like to appeal the PCN received on Monday 27th June PCN number xxxxxx. The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we normally park with our disabled badge. My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends NAME OF SCHOOL. As you can see from the PCN pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot; however, on that day due I forgot to take the blue badge out of the car side pocket and display it.

I understand though that assisted alighting of a vulnerable person to safe premises is an exemption, which is the case here.

The school gave my son a quick temperature check and as this was high I had to return to the car with him. This took only a matter of a few minutes.

I would be grateful if you could cancel the PCN. I enclose a picture of my son's blue badge.

Thank you

----------

I would like to appeal the PCN received on Monday 27th June PCN number xxxxxx on the grounds that I was engaged in assisted alighting and boarding of a vulnerable person, namely my disabled 5 year old son.

The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we normally park with our disabled badge. My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends NAME OF SCHOOL. As you can see from the PCN pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot; however, on that day due I forgot to take the blue badge out of the car side pocket and display it.

I understand though that assisted alighting of a vulnerable person to safe premises is an exemption, which is the case here.

The school gave my son a quick temperature check and as this was high I had to return to the car with him. This took only a matter of a few minutes.

I would be grateful if you could cancel the PCN. I enclose a picture of my son's blue badge.

Thank you
hcandersen
IMO, there's a link which can be made and which relates to both events i.e. 'My son had a fever which turned out to be covid' and forgetting to display the badge.

On *** I took my 5 year-old son to school as normal. He was complaining about being unwell but I took him none the less although it did play on my mind. Even when I parked at my normal spot he was still a little whiny and this distracted me such that I forgot to display his blue badge. As it turned out, he was right and I was wrong because when I took him into school they decided to take his temperature and said that he could not attend that day - and for good reason because he and other members of the family, including me, have subsequently tested positive for Covid-19. In this respect, the CEO can think themselves fortunate that they only observed my car for 1 minute otherwise they'd have been in contact with me on my return.
I hope that for the reasons given above the council will cancel the PCN given that I was assisting my son into school at the time. I have also enclosed a copy of (your son's first name)'s blue badge.

I put in the part about not seeing the CEO on her return to round off the account. But I can see references in other posts and drafts to seeing the CEO. But on the day the driver did not see the CEO on their return, did they. (OP, what's the reference to seeing the CEO on another day, presumably after the event, didn't everyone have Covid!)
S.M
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 4 Jul 2022 - 08:23) *
I put in the part about not seeing the CEO on her return to round off the account. But I can see references in other posts and drafts to seeing the CEO. But on the day the driver did not see the CEO on their return, did they. (OP, what's the reference to seeing the CEO on another day, presumably after the event, didn't everyone have Covid!)

PCN was issued on Monday 27th of June - Kid had a temperature and was sent back. At the time he had some mouth ulcers (we thought nothing about covid, thinkin it was a mouth infection). Wifey and I did a test on Wednesday 29th which was negative. Kid was perfectly fine with no temp, so we decided to send him to school on Thursday. That`s when we sent him to school and I saw the Traffic warden during pickup time.

On Friday afternoon we all did a test and it was positive. It looks likely that kid had covid since probably before Monday, we had no idea as we thought it was a mouth infection.
S.M
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 3 Jul 2022 - 23:33) *
Two versions - second has assisted alighting first. I don't think it matters as I would have no hesitation taking this all the way should they reject.

-----------

I would like to appeal the PCN received on Monday 27th June PCN number xxxxxx. The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we normally park with our disabled badge. My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends NAME OF SCHOOL. As you can see from the PCN pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot; however, on that day due I forgot to take the blue badge out of the car side pocket and display it.

Thank you

----------

I would like to appeal the PCN received on Monday 27th June PCN number xxxxxx on the grounds that I was engaged in assisted alighting and boarding of a vulnerable person, namely my disabled 5 year old son.

The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we normally park with our disabled badge. My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends NAME OF SCHOOL. As you can see from the PCN pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot; however, on that day due I forgot to take the blue badge out of the car side pocket and display it.

Thank you

I have combined yours and HC Andersens reply to the below. Am I good to send it?

"

The spot where the PCN was issued is the usual spot we normally park with our disabled badge. He was complaining about being unwell but I took him none the less although it did play on my mind. Even when I parked at my normal spot he was still a little whiny and this distracted me such that I forgot to display his blue badge.

My 5 year old son who is the disabled badge holder attends NAME OF SCHOOL. As you can see from the PCN pictures, I wasn't parked in a dangerous spot.

The school gave my son a quick temperature check and as this was high I had to return to the car with him.

I hope that for the reasons given above the council will cancel the PCN given that I was assisting my son into school at the time. I enclose a picture of my son's blue badge.
Thank you

"
PASTMYBEST
That is good I would send it
S.M
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 4 Jul 2022 - 22:35) *

Sent hope they comeback with a positive response
S.M
QUOTE (S.M @ Tue, 5 Jul 2022 - 15:03) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 4 Jul 2022 - 22:35) *

Sent hope they comeback with a positive response

Great. They came back with a positive response saying they will cancell the PCN
cp8759
Well done.
S.M
Thanks to everyone on here smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.