Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN in RingGo Car Park not paying in time
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
type-r
Hello,

Went to an event on Sunday and parked at a Redbridge Council public car park with the need to pay using the RingGo app. Did not have the app installed, no ability to pay using cash or card at the machine, tried to download app and register, had issues registering (first time user). Spoke to a friend around 20 mins after parking who did have the app and who registered our vehicle on our behalf. However in the time it took to try and register for the RingGo app and finding my friend who paid, I received a PCN - within a 9 minute window.

Time of PCN: 11:39
Time my friend registering our vehicle using her account: 11:48

Anything I can do to appeal?

Images below:

stamfordman
You can make a polite challenge saying what you've have told us. The mistake people make with these apps is leaving the car unattended, which should only be done if there is no signal.

When you say no ability to pay using cash or card at the machine - what do you mean.
type-r
Thanks. There was no option to pay using cash or card at a machine (like the good old days). You had to pay by either calling PayGo or installing the app - no other option and no option for people without a card I assume.
cp8759
QUOTE (type-r @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 15:27) *
had issues registering (first time user).

You would need to provide a detailed account of what these issues were. What exactly went wrong with the app?
Gert
QUOTE (type-r @ Mon, 27 Jun 2022 - 15:41) *
Thanks. There was no option to pay using cash or card at a machine (like the good old days). You had to pay by either calling PayGo or installing the app - no other option and no option for people without a card I assume.

The obvious question to pose is why, in the absence of the installed app, didn't you ring the number on the sign straight away? Going off to sort out a payment by an app on anyone else's phone may not pass muster with the council.

The hard fact is that in the 21st Century, public authorities dictate that people use digital processes, by eliminating all other options. If you've no phone or payment card, then no parking neither.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.